Father’s Day Corn Muffins
June 19, 2011 § 3 Comments
Happy Father’s Day! My dad loves corn muffins, corn bread, you name it. So, in honor of Father’s Day, I decided to whip up a quick batch of corn muffins to go with our dinner tonight. I used the Quaker corn bread recipe that my mom has had for ages!
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tsps. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- 2. Combine corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- 3. Cut in butter.
- 4. Mix egg and milk together and add to dry ingredients (either by hand or by mixer, I used a Kitchen Aid mixer).
- 5. Fill paper muffin cups (sprayed with cooking spray) a little over half way full.
- 6. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 12 muffins.
Make these now. You won’t regret it!