February 26, 2011 § 2 Comments
One of the gifts Troy got me for Valentine’s Day turned out to be a delicious breakfast this morning.
I was really excited to try this mix after seeing various pancake and sprinkles recipes on other blogs.
Buttermilk pancake mix.
Add 1 cup of water and 1/2 of the sprinkles.
Mix it all up!
Topped with the leftover sprinkles and syrup + a side of sliced bananas.
So good! Off to do some grocery shopping in a bit. See ya later!
February 22, 2011 § 4 Comments
February 2, 2011 § 7 Comments
I took advantage of some extra time today due to the snow storm and did a little baking. This bread is amazing – you’ve got to try it!
Apple Pumpkin Bread
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apples (I used MacIntosh. Any kind will do!)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (Substitute your favorite!)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and baking powder. In another large bowl, whisk the pumpkin, water, vanilla extract, eggs and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1 1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool.