Fall is in the Air
September 9, 2010 § 5 Comments
I finally have a moment to sit down and relax for a bit. As I type this blog post, I’m also watching Masterchef, drinking green tea and talking to Troy. Isn’t multi-tasking fun?
This morning, I made a special mid-week breakfast to start the day off the right way. Eggs, toast and apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Fall is approaching quickly and the combination of cinnamon + pumpkin spice made me very happy :).
Do you love the grill marks on my egg? The only non-stick pan I have at my apartment is a grill pan! You gotta do what you gotta do ;-).
The weather got even cooler throughout the day, so I decided to make one of my favorite hot dishes…eggplant parmesan! My version is much healthier than traditional eggplant parm ;-).
- Peel eggplant and cut into rounds.
- Place rounds on a baking sheet and salt them for 30 minutes (moisture will start to form).
- After 30 minutes, rinse eggplant rounds and pat dry. Put rounds back on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes on 450.
- Take eggplant out of the oven. Layer a baking dish with tomato sauce on the very bottom (so the eggplant doesn’t stick), eggplant, more tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers until dish is full. Bake for 5-8 minutes (or until cheese is bubbling) at 350.
- Eat and enjoy!
Yay for having leftovers! Time to get ready for bed, I have a busy day of meetings and classes tomorrow. Goodnight!
Hump Day Question: What dish gets you in the mood for the fall season? It can be a breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, dessert or beverage item. I don’t discriminate :-).