Avocado's and Apples
June 17, 2010 § Leave a comment
Look what I found! Fruition Bars! I’ve been searching high and low for these. I had one before my workout this afternoon. They are made with organic dates and oats. Only 160 calories per bar!
Strawberry Fruition – one of the best bars I’ve eaten 🙂
Tonight’s dinner was all about avocados and apples
Avocado and Apple Chicken salad, that is
Tonight’s salad includes (yields about 6 cups):
- 2 c. cooked skinless chicken cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 c. diced red apple
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 c. lightly toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c. flat leaf parsley (rough chop)
- 1/4 c. red onion
- 1 tbsp. fresh mint – chopped
- 1 tbsp. jalapeno pepper – chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 avocado
- Mesclun greens
- Salt to taste
Combine all ingredients in a big ol’ bowl and serve over fresh greens! If you are short on time, pick up a rotisserie chicken and remove the skin, easy peasy 🙂
Side of barley soup
Jo Ann’s molasses cookies for dessert! She is an amazing baker and cook.
She was nice enough to hand-deliver these babies to our doorstep. I had 3!
Dinner was delicious and filled with lots of good fats, protein, veggies and fruit oh my! In other news, my replacement phone has also arrived! Yippee!